After Thoughts of Pecha Kucha
I came out of the Pecha Kucha still lacking direction with what my topic area may be. The main comment and impression that I received from the critique was that I had a good process developing however; I was lacking a context within that process.
I was still receiving positive comments regarding my layout as well as the physical activity of moulding casting that I was going about doing. I was also not too disheartened because I believe that it was important for me to explore the duality between aesthetic driven designs compared to that of function lead design.
I began to worry about the problem of searching for this ‘context’ and through the worry of not knowing where my project may be going I began to realise what a big deal it had become losing control within my project. The anxiety I was feeling made me realise amongst other matters that were occurring in my life regarding relationships that I appreciate being in control of matters and therefore, thought that this may be an interesting area to explore within products.
The new focus for me was to explore objects that had a ‘mind of their own’ and how that can be frustrating and also pleasurable. The way in which products can become individual through the way in which they deteriorate and have characteristics of their own.
Monday, 19 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment